Thursday, July 21, 2005

Fun Questionares

One of my little pet hobbies, aside from lists, is filling out questionares which try and suss out what sort of person you are.
Sad I know! But it helps if you don't take it too seriously. (esp as I once filled in one which tried to predict the date of my death, based on my lifestyle, and I was told that I will die in 2053. It makes one wonder how I will feel at 11:59PM on December 31st 2052, that is, if I am still alive then!)
But two favourites of mine I thought I would share. One is www.politicalcompass.org, which tries to suss out where you are on the political map, by not only asking questions about where you stand on economic issues, but also on social issues. I ended up in the very centre, although, oh so slightly liberterian left, which seemed to correspond with my (social democratic) Labour Party credentials and beliefs.
Another is http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 . This is part of QuizFarm.com's questionare series, and this particular one tries to work out your cultural sensibilities as a Christian. They are assuming of course, that you are one. There is another one there which tries to work out what percentage of you is a deist, agnostic, athiest etc.. but I have not looked at that yet, let alone tried it.
Be careful, it can be subjective and some feel that the answers don't tally, so if the answers do not make sense to you, best ignore them, esp as it is just a bit of fun.
And in case you were wondering on my answers to the quizfarm on Christian sensibilities:

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 82%
Emergent/Postmodern82%
Roman Catholic75%
Reformed Evangelical61%
Fundamentalist61%
Neo orthodox57%
Charismatic/Pentecostal50%
Classical Liberal32%
Modern Liberal29%

Yes I am trying to work it out as well ;)

6 comments:

Annie Porthouse said...

wow - bet you're pleased you have such assurance of salvation, and that you are able to live a life of obedience to God... congratulations! !

ho ho ho!

Paul Burgin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paul Burgin said...

Ouch! ;)

rebecca mayo said...

I'm suprised to see such inteligent young christians in Britain. Im from Arkansas ,us. and your lingo is a little different but Its awesome that you stand for what you believe in such a depraved generation. Im a 29 year old christian very disapointed with the new obama admin. and cant wait for God to reveal His Son in this new age confusion.You keep standing and shout His name in every forum you can!

rebecca mayo said...

Im interested in what you think about the illuminati. I dont think bush has anything to do with it. and what do you think about nephilim and them returning like in the time of noah? Do you think the nostradomus prophesy that all these things will begin to happen i 2012? I dont hold any ungodly prophet as legit but the thought interests me. Do you watch god tv?

Anonymous said...

you must be pretty full of yourself to not of answered my blog.