Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Katrina's devastation

(Courtesy of the University of Wisconsin)

I appreciate that I have not mentioned this in my blog over the past few days, but like most people I have a life aside from this blog, which sadly is more than can be said for many people in Louisiana!
What everyone agrees on is that, in many respects, this was an unavoidable tragedy. Where there is disagreement is who exactly was responsible for the clear-up and how much could have been done to have saved more lives! There seems to be something inherently wrong about the most powerful nation on Earth being unable to help hundreds of men, women, and children(In their own country), and thereby leaving them to starve in areas of squallor, lacking in shelter and sanitation! How much of that is the fault of the State of Louisiana and how much is the fault of the Bush administration remains to be seen. Suffice to say that it looks like the Bush administration wasn't exactly quick enough in appreciating just how serious the situation is!
I'll say one thing for sure though. I never thought I would see the day when the US would be offered aid from other countries with regards to an internal disaster!

2 comments:

Emily Santiago said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lovely_gurls2005 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.