Thursday, October 13, 2005

Books and CDs

(BBC Online)

Further to my posting about my recent birthday, I did make use of my book tokens by buying Anthony Howard's biography of Cardinal Basil Hume.
I didn't intend to buy it, but I saw it on sale and thought it would make an interesting read, although I am currently working through three books at present (A book on Wilberforce and the Clapham Sect by Clifford Hill, the Morse novel Last Bus to Woodstock by Colin Dexter, as well as a book on King Arthur).
I also brought myself two CD's, From Here To Eternity (Live) , by The Clash (If only to feel patriotic at the opening guitar chords of London Calling ;) ), and Return of the Champions by Queen + Paul Rodgers, which (despite Freddie Mercury's presence clearly missing and John Deacon's decision to take a back-seat), shows that Queen haven't lost their touch.
I don't know, browsing through bios of Cardinals, reading about social justice, listening to Queen and The Clash, I clearly have a case of rhythm and blues ;).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.