Via Grammar Puss:
1) A track from your early childhood
Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel
2) A track that you associate with your first love
Hmm! First love or first infactuation? First love would be an early nineties song, but I won't mention it because it might well give away who it was and my love was unrequited :/
3) A track that reminds you of a holiday trip
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers. I first heard it on the way back from Niagra Falls in Canada. Great song!
4) A track you like but wouldn't want to be associated with in public
Do you honestly think I would mention it here!
5) A track that accompanied you when you were lovesick
Two spring to mind. Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer, another is a hit song from the late nineties, but I don't know the title of the song or who did it!
6) The track you have listened to most often
There are a lot of songs I listen to often, so I don't know
7) A track that is your favourite instrumental
Not sure. Possibly Venus from the Planet's Suite by Holst
8) A track that represents one of your favourite bands
How about We Are the Champions by Queen
9) A track which best represents yourself
Ooh, now that's a bit of a loaded question. I will leave that for others to decide
10) A track which reminds you of a special person
Well several songs remind me of several friends. With regards to the two friends of mine who have died. A couple of songs on Eric Clapton's Unplugged album remind me of Simon, because he had that album, and Hey Jude by The Beatles reminds me of Tammy, because that was a favourite song of hers.
11) A track to which you can relax
I agree with Grammar Puss about Mama Cass singing Dream a Little Dream of Me. I also like some of John Barry's instrumentals
12) A track that stands for a really good time in your life
Definetly "Things Can Only Get Better" by D:Ream. Do I need to explain why! ;)
13) A track that is currently your favourite
I did like Will Young's latest song, and I am not even a Will Young fan. Who Are You by The Who is good to tidy a kitchen to
14) A track that you'd dedicate to your best friend
Okay I have two best friends. So one is English Tea by Paul McCartney, the other is All Right Now (Live) by Queen and Paul Rodgers
15) A track that you like especially for its lyrics
I like a lot of songs for their lyrics, but When Love Comes To Town by U2 and B.B. King is a good one
16) A track that no one likes but you
Does such a track exist. I was derided at school and college for my love of Queen, but they have a very large fanbase
17) A track that you like that's neither English nor German
There is this European mediterranian song which is popular and rather of the lounge jazz variety, but I don't know it's name. It gets played a lot though. It kinda goes, la di da di dadidadida, if that helps at all :/
18) The track that best lets you release tension
"Jumpin' Jack Flash" by The Rolling Stones
19) A track you want to be played at your funeral
In My Life by The Beatles, as well as something in bad taste for when the coffin disappears from view ;).
20) A track that you'd nominate for "Best Track of All Time"
I wouldn't dare nominate ;)