Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tories Upset!

You would have thought the way the Conservative Notting Hill set were carrying on that David Cameron's Conservatives were progressing well.
Not according to ConservativeHome. Their headlines today are:

Labour leadership woes fail to lift Tories
Only one-third of Associations respond to membership enquiries

And before anyone accuses me of schadenfreude (and okay, there is that but can you blame me!)this is probably bad news, because if the Daily Mail readers among them spot this, house prices will rocket and an asteroid will probably hit the Earth! ;)

8 comments:

Tim Roll-Pickering said...

You have to remember that even if the Conservatives were scoring 100% in the opinion polls, winning all 659 seats, implementing a radical agenda with a great (for ConservativeHome readers) announcement every hour and taking the UK to unprecedented levels of glory, that website would still find something to moan about.

Is there a Labour equivalent that's just as bad?

GlassHouse said...

labourhome.org

Paul Burgin said...

As a member of LabourHome, I disagree, although the layout is based on ConservativeHome

Louise said...

Give it time Paul, give it time.

Some of us thought Conservative Home was a great innovation, then the looney wing took over. The same will happen with LabourHome.

Paul Burgin said...

Well, forgive me, but for some reason I regard your advice Louise as hope on your part, rather than concern! ;)

Louise said...

I'm hurt Paul. :-( Deeply hurt. sniff.

On a serious point though, all parties have their malcontents and I would expect that LabourHome will soon become a breeding ground for them just as ConservativeHome has become one for the nutter wing of the Conservative Party.

If I am proved to be wrong I will gladly apologise.

Paul Burgin said...

Awww! Sorry for hurting your feelings ;)
I agree about malcontents, but hopefully Alex will deal with that in a fair and efficent manner

Shaun (ed.) said...

As a Tory loony or nutter (take your pick) I won't be happy until Cameron makes some Thatcherite sounds again. If Cameron goes into the next election on a "one-nation" platform, I don't see what the point is in campaigning for a blue Labour government.

Many of us politicos have the psychological need to satisfy our ideological cravings (how I wish the Libertarian Alliance would become a political party)