Saturday, September 23, 2006

Twenty Questions to a Fellow Blogger Part XI: Evie Winter

(Evie Winter)
A sister of The Dunadan. Evie Winter is 27 years old,and lives and works in London. Her job is running parent and toddler centre owned by a Christian charity. She is building up a photography portfolio in her spare time. Any time left, Evie loves to scrapbook and hang out with her much adored nieces. Her blog is What are you waiting for?

What made you decide to start blogging?

As I take loads of photos at social events and family events I wanted a really easy way for other people to access the photos a blog was the answer..
Also I love to look in to blogs by other Scrappers and also Photographers, some are just so cool and it inspired me to actually start the blog.

What is your best blogging experience?

That would probably be the invite I got to stay in Houston by my sister’s friend. She checks the blog to see pictures of my nieces. I am going to Houston in Oct -06’ which I wouldn’t be if not for the blog.

And your worst?

Can’t say I actually have had one, not been blogging long enough or have been fairly fortunate.

What do you regard as your best blog entry?

My favourite entries depend mostly on my favourite photos, at the moment they would be the recent baby photos (September 2006). Another entry sparked a query about how to do digital scrapping, I wrote about that on the 8th Sept, and the person who asked said she was going to give it a try. Now that’s a result.

Favourite blogs?

Tara Whitney is an amazing photographer and so inspiring. I love to check her pages to see what she has come up with.Amy Jay is a friend of mine, I love the honest way she writes. She has a band and is in the process of recording, so her blog is a good way to keep up with how it is going, with a link to her myspace to hear the songs.
FreeStyle is a kind of group blog with lots of really neat ideas for scrapbook layouts.
There are so many more, but these are probably the ones I check most often.

What inspired you to start writing?

A funny question. If you read my blog you’ll see it is a lot more about photos than writing. Sometimes something particularly random or interesting will happen and I’ll add it in (the tales of the slug, and ‘stuff’ - my effort to get my brother to get an ISA). Sometimes it is an in-joke with members of my family, or a particular reader, sometimes I just want to let people smile. I try and keep my blog mostly lighthearted as there is already enough stress in people’s lives.

What exactly is your involvement with St Mark's and why should readers go to visit it on a Sunday morning?

At the moment I am just a member of the congregation. I use to help with Sunday School but had to stop as I just had too much on. It is a fast growing church, with a really diverse congregation. Lots of people there are my age which is cool. The vicar is (relatively) well known, Sandy Millar, who came from Holy Trinity Brompton. Coming to St Marks is an experience everyone should have!

What sparked your interest in photography?

Its so long ago now I can barely remember. I just love to look at old photos. When I was about 19, a friend gave me her old camera, an SLR and I just love to take photos and see the results when they came back. Eventually I was able to buy an auto SLR in 2001 which produced fantastic photos, and then last year I got the equivalent in a digital version and life just hasn’t been the same. It is so much apart of me - it is hard to imagine life without a camera.

Is there anywhere abroad which you haven't been to, that you would like to visit?

Lots of places. I love to travel. Quite like the idea of seeing the Holy Land (all the places mentioned in the bible, not just Israel) when it is more peaceful. Africa, Croatia, Norway, New Zealand. The world is just too big to stay in 1 country.

Is there anywhere abroad you have visited, that you would love to revisit?

Spain and Peru. Loved them both and would love to go back one day.

Do you have a favourite political figure in history?

Esther, the wife of King Xerxes. An amazingly courageous woman. I am not sure you see courage like that these days.

Which Christian figure has been your greatest inspiration?

Jesus. Obviously!

Favourite Bond movie?

Eh?! I have seen a couple of Bond movies, but can’t remember the titles. Sorry.

Favorite Doctor Who?

Any with Christopher Eccleston. Why did you have to leave!?!?!

Chocolate, vanilla, or mint?

Chocolate.

Which Band, past or present, would you most like to see in concert?

Queen. Now that would be an experience.

In terms of visiting for the weekend, Oxford, Cambridge, or Barsby, Leics..?

Oxford

Favourite national newspaper?

Times (never read any others to compare)

What would you say your hobbies were?

Scrapbooking, photography, travelling.

And what would you say were your three favourite songs and three favourite books (Bar the Bible and The Complete Works of Shakespeare)?
(At this point in time)

Songs
1. Keane - Everybody’s Changing
2. ELO - Mr Blue Sky
3. Ronan - No Matter What

Books
1. Lord of the Rings
2. Chicken Soup for the soul series
3. Purpose Driven Life

1 comment:

Praguetory said...

Paul - Do you fancy interviewing me? Mail me at eurservice@googlemail.com and we'll see if we can tie something up. Best Regards PT