Monday, October 16, 2006

Parliamentary Researcher of the Year

Regular readers of Mars Hill will know my mixed feelings about the Recess Monkey blog, but that said, there is always more to Alex's modus operandi with regards to politics than meets the eye and he does come out with some gems on his two blogs.
This one is definetly worth closer inspection, and it concerns the forthcoming multi awards for Parliamentary Researcher of the Year. Personally I would like Kerron to get the Labour award for the simple reason that not only is he hard working and cheerful (I once spent a day working with him, so there is no hyperbole here), but also he is the "Father of the Commons Research assistants" (since around 1999), and as such deserves recognition.
This does not devalue the work of other researchers. Stephen Timms researcher for example, is someone who deserves merit, but I am sure a no of readers are researchers themselves and feel they desevre merit, and hey! I'm biased and basing my suggestions on my limited contacts.
Am looking forward to the result though!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

actually how do they judge?

Paul Burgin said...

Don't know!

Andrea said...

I'm tempted to root for a tie between Kerron Cross and John McDonnell's researcher....just to see them their acceptance speeches :wink:

Paul Burgin said...

Interesting, interesting.. ;)