Friday, October 13, 2006

To the anonymous blogger(s) who leave nasty messages!

I think it's about four people who do this, having looked at the tracking system I use, but to the one who kindly left the abusive message at 4:57PM this afternoon...

Yes I work in a newspaper kiosk, so what! Yes I looked at the possibility of getting a Parliamentary seat and was not succesful, so what! Yes things have not worked out as well as I would have liked them to, so what! I'll tell you something though.

I have a popular and succesful blog, something which seems to p*** you off no end (couldn't be jealousy could it?) It's succesful for a reason, namely that I am open, give considered opinions, and blog on a variety of subjects, and what's more, when I leave messages with my name on other people's blogs (which I always do), it's because I am proud and not ashamed of what I write (unlike you).

As it is, you do seem to be churned up with a lot of irrational anger, so I will do the decent thing and pray for you (which will p*** you off no end perhaps, but so what!), and hopefully you will learn to behave a little more like a human being and less like a small child! It's pretty pointless leaving abusive messages on my blog. Sooner or later they get deleted and the only person you show up is yourself!

Go away and have a little think about it. No one knows who you are, so you have no loss of pride as such!

Warm Regards

Paul

9 comments:

Patrick H said...

Well said.

not much more to add, I'm afraid

Lord Gord said...

I hope I can count on your support next year Paul?

Anonymous said...

Newspaper kiosk? I thought you were Hertfordshire Labour Party's Press Officer. Is that just part time?

Anonymous said...

Paul, your blog may be both popular and successful - but try as you might - you'll never be Kerron Cross (*Labour's numero uno blogger)

Paul Burgin said...

The Press Officer role is part-time, and I am not concerned about being Numero uno, I just happen to have a popular blog!

Man in a shed said...

Cheer up - you probably have more influence than a NuLabour MP anyway. Also no one should be ashamed of honest work.

Just read an extract from John Major's entry in Wikipedia:

Major left school at sixteen in 1959, with three O-levels: History, English Language, and English Literature. He would later gain three more by correspondence course in British Constitution, Mathematics and Economics. He watched his first debate in the House of Commons in 1956, and attributes his political ambitions to that event. Major applied to become a bus conductor after leaving school but his application was rejected due to his height, although early media reports claimed wrongly this was due to poor arithmetic. His first job was as a clerk in an insurance brokerage firm in 1959 after leaving school. Disliking this, he quit and for a time, he helped with his father's garden ornaments business with his brother, Terry Major-Ball. He also joined the Young Conservatives in Brixton at this time.

Of course you might fair better in a meritocratic party like the Conservatives ;-), though Labour will no doubt need a replacement for Sion Simons for the rapidly approaching years in opposition.

Praguetory said...

Paul, you are an open and honest communicator and it is pitiful for people to engage in this type of snobbery/negativity. They are bullies. On the other hand, I hope you won't take it the wrong way if I say that I do think that you should try to set more of a boundary between your personal and blogging life. For example, that post about your bedroom made me feel a bit strange. Unfortunately, some people will take advantage of your good nature. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I think you should leave all comments up and unmoderated. the interaction of commenters is the one area where this site truly is better than most other blogs - and while many of those comments will be abusive of you, it is obvious to the rest of us that those comments reflect more on the commenter than on you.

Paul Burgin said...

I do try and be careful. For example I hardly mention my family, more than a rough tumbnail sketch. I don't mention where exactly I live, and (owing to the cruel comments last time, regarding an ex girlfriend, whose blog I have a link to), I don't mention my present girlfriend either, other than the very occasional "Saw this film with my girlfriend last night.." posting, and then mention the film rather than the girlfriend.