Monday, November 13, 2006

Bloggers Christmas Social Part IV

On saturday I went to book at The Coal Hole, only to find that because it was so busy last year, I had to use a booking form, as opposed to booking over the phone or in person (as I have tended to do with these things in the past), and put forward a booking charge of £5 per person, and to be fair (esp as I am expecting a fair few, and coming up to Christmas) I cannot afford that and it would be unfair to start demanding that guests cough up money a.s.a.p. So The Coal Hole is scrubbed!
But all is not lost, I also visited St Stephen's Tavern (where I have arranged to meet up with some friends a week before Christmas) and asked about bookings. I can just ring up apparently and book a table for x,y, and z amount of people (I mentioned how many were likely to turn up and whether that was okay). So this afternoon I will do just that. It will still be on Dec 9th and at 5PM though, unless otherwise stated!

6 comments:

Bloggers4Labour said...

Thanks, Paul, it sounds just as good as the CH (i.e. real ale...)

Paul Burgin said...

So it should be! :)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

All being well, count two of us in. Should up the female quotient too as I am hoping to be one of those - though of course that depends on me being defined as 'female'...

Seriously though, good work on this and subject to a hotel and train we should be there!

Paul Burgin said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for letting me know!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

We have accommodation!!! So now we just have to get to London...

Paul Burgin said...

Look forward to it! :)