Sunday, November 19, 2006

Milton Friedman R.I.P.

(Getty Images)
I have never been much of a fan of Friedman, but coming from a left of centre person like me that's like stating that the Pope is Catholic, and therefore I don't think he had the right answers. That said I think his place as a respected economist is much deserved, alongside the likes of John Maynard Keynes (who is my economic hero, but for the fact that his policies worked only in the short term).
The world will be a bit more dull without him!

2 comments:

Ellee said...

I'm a huge JM Keynes fan too, living close to Cambridge and being able to enjoy the theatre he bestowed to our univerity city. It's the 60th anniversary of his death this year and I keep meaning to write a post about him.

Paul Burgin said...

I am surprised that you are a Keynes fan, being a Conservative (I get the impression that Keynes was discredited by the Conservatives on the advent of Thatcherism), but I think that might say more about me!