Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Eggs Benedict

(Paul Goyette)
Watching Celebrity Big Brother does have it's advantages, one of which being that I now know what "Eggs Benedict" actually consists of.
This is because apparently it is The Benny's favourite breakfast, so intrigued enough I do a bit of research on Wikipedia and apparently it it consists of:

"a dish consisting of two halves of an English muffin, usually topped with smoked bacon or ham (sometimes known as back bacon, which in America is called Canadian bacon), poached eggs, and the crucial ingredient, hollandaise sauce."

There's me thinking it was a bit more posh than that, but it has whetted my appetite now where having eggs benedict for breakfast has become one of my lifetime's ambitions. Incidentally there is allegedly now an Eggs Benedict XVI (after the Pope) only it's Sauerbraten or sausage and rye bread with the egg.

Sadly yours...

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Eggs Benedict XVI! I like that :-)

Paul Burgin said...

Coming from a humanist like you ;)
So do I actually, I am also emboldened to make my own version