Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Of Mice and Blogs

I don't know, I purposely write a small entry so as not to get noticed, and yet put it there so I can be a bit clever and say "Hey look I told you so!" in case it happened soon, and in the process it gets noticed and I get a bit of fair stick. (See here and here) and as a consequence I got what I hoped I would never get in the blogosphere. Fisked (Tom I wouldn't mind a newspaper column, but I get the impression you are not handing out compliments here!)
I got my story from a small piece in Monday's Telegraph, a small piece on Iain Dale's blog, plus some gossip I heard through the Party grapevine which led me to conclude that the news item would happen shortly. I didn't want to expose it in full in case I a) looked an idiot, b) annoyed a few people and c) got the sort of attention I didn't want, and this led to a bit of inflated ego on my part and a, b, and c still happening, although not as I expected.
In any case it looks like it won't happen now anyway. Not for a few months.

Mea Culpa.

Ah well I shall lick my wounds tonight, watching Blog Wars on BBC 4

5 comments:

Praguetory said...

This is one of the reasons you're so likable Paul - you can laugh at yourself. Sounds like it was lucky you didn't go out on a limb anyway,

Tom said...

Quite simply, you don't get to say "I told you so" if you didn't tell anyone. That's why the original post was so funny.

Paul Burgin said...

I know, I wanted to tell people without telling people if that makes any sense

Paul Linford said...

You can take it as "stick" if you like, Paul, but I think both Tom Hamilton and myself were trying to pay you a sort of compliment in an ironic, post-modern, sort of way.

Basically, your post was the sine qua non of most political punditry. If it had appeared in Private Eye under the by-line of Peter O'Bore, it would have been acclaimed as a work of Hislopian genius.

Anyway, my guess is that you thought the PM was about to announce an early departure, and you now think he's changed his mind (again).

Paul Burgin said...

Don't worry Paul I did take it as a compliment :)
As for your guess I could not possibly comment ;)