It has been said that Kerron's counterpart in the Conservative blogosphere is Iain Dale, and I do wonder if my opposite no is Prague Tory , although I don't get into some of the scrapes he does (probably down to cowardice on my part), so if anything I suspect my Conservative counterpart is Tim Roll-Pickering .
That said, Prague Tory has started an open threat on "how to annoy lefties", now I am not too impressed with this (obviously) and I think some balance needs to be redressed, so I have told PT that I intend to do a list on how to annoy those on the right. So any suggestions from fellow Labour activists/bloggers will be most welcome.
So to set the ball rolling:
(Disclaimer. I want to make it clear in advance that I abide by some form of Queensbury rules in that I wish to state that there are a no of individual Conservatives I like and/or admire. With regards to blogs, not least Iain Dale , Louise, Prague Tory, Tim Roll-Pickering and Ellee Seymour, it's just that they are politically misguided.This list is meant to be a bit of fun and I apologise in advance to those Tories who take offence, depending on who they are ;) )
1) Point out that no left-leaning, Labour supporting national newspaper backed Sir Oswald Mosely, Hitler, or any other leading fascist in the 1930's, whereas....
2) No leading Labour figure backed a relaxing of economic sanctions against South Africa in the 1980's, nor did they support Pinochet's brutal dictatorship in Chile and make pathetic excuses for the regime
3) Just a few words: Westminster City Council under Dame Shirley Porter
4) Unemployment has never gone above two million under any postwar Labour Govt..
5) Three general election victories for Labour since 1997. Two of them landslides and better majorities than any the Conservatives enjoyed!
6) Politicians who have been arrested and imprisoned for a criminal offence have tended to be Tories!