Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Twenty Questions to a Fellow Blogger Part XXIV: Liz Saul

(Liz Saul)
Liz Saul is London born and bred, Arsenal fan, generally scary friendly nutty person. She loves music, friends family, hates dishonesty and hypocricy. She runs the blog Radioleaflet .

What made you decide to start blogging?

I have kept a journal or diary or notes in some way or aniother on and off since i was little so this seemed an easy way of scribbling down some random thoughts.

What is your best blogging experience?

I like the fact some people have kmet new people and made friends throught their blogs. I like that its a discreet way of being a fly on the wall and people watching without stalking anyone!

And your worst?

The fact that information (not from specific blog sites necessarily) is used to try and manipulate or guess how a person might be in real life, although mine is pretty true to form (perhaps a bit more revealing than in person as I'm quite private). You expect the odd follower because of the nature of my work, but sometimes a stranger's attentions has been a little too close for comfort...


What do you regard as your best blog entry?

Each time, its the one I've just written because I'm normally inspired into my written vomiting by something, an event, or a situation.


Favourite blogs?

Darren Hayes one is pretty direct at the moment and even more random than me - he's in creatuive mood apparently with his new album and I like his music - its deep and moody to me. My friend Paul (Mars Hill) is a politically, somewhat cynical look at life but quite funny and clever in its delivery. Paul himself is an old Uni friend and very intelligent!

- He didn't pay me to say that by the way! hahaha

What's the best thing about being a DJ?

Music is a journey and the songs that move me take me somewhere and I like all kinds of music so there's a lot of places to go!

And the worst...?

The crazy working hours! I've had one day off since January1st!

Why Arsenal?

Its in the blood! My great grandparents lived in Highbury in the next road to the old stadium and on a Saturday you could hear the roar of the crowd. Every generation since has got stuck being a Gooner - but all but my Dad support them so it runs on both sides - my brother's quite a good defender too and got a place on one of the Arsenal summer taster schools he was really chuffed.

Is there anywhere abroad which you haven't been to, that you would like to visit?

Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa, South America, NZ... so many places, I just have to work up the courage to stay on the aircraft for that length of time!!!!!!! hahaha

Is there anywhere abroad you have visited, that you would love to revisit?

I do frequently revisted America! I'm off there again soon. I have family in many places in the world so I also go to Israel and Denmark regularly to see them.

Do you have a favourite political figure in history?

Aristotle/Pliny


Which figure has been your greatest inspiration?


not a famous person but all my Grandmothers had great advice and if they judged me, they never said, their love was unconditional.

Favourite Bond movie?


Goldfinger


Favourite Doctor Who?

Sylvester McCoy - i loved that scarf!!

Chocolate, vanilla, or mint?

mint

Which Band, past or present, would you most like to see in concert?

Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet

In terms of visiting for the weekend, Oxford, Cambridge, or Barsby, Leics..?

I've been to Oxford and Cambridge many times to visit and I have freiends in Coalville Leics and they all have good points though Coalville has a greast night club!

Favourite national newspaper?

Probably the Mail or the Times if pushed, though I try to never be without an Evening Standard

What would you say your hobbies were?


most things depends on my mood - i like the gym, reading, clubbing, theatre, travel, footy

And what would you say were your three favourite songs and three favourite books (Bar the Bible and The Complete Works of Shakespeare)?

Choosing just 3 of each is IMPOSSIBLE especially for a DJ!! At the moment my 3 songs are Chasing Cars, Grace Kelly, and Land orf Confusion but its always changing - books am reading 3 at the moment: an historical novel called Labarynth, Michael Caine autobio and some trash called the Ex Boyfriend Files.

No comments: