Thursday, January 11, 2007

What Kate Did Next? None of our business

If there is one thing that bothers me about the media, it's the way they do things, such as trying to get hold of private and confidential information about a celebs gran, or papparratzi stalking people in order to get a photograph. In very exceptional cases this might be warranted, but only in a Watergate type sceneario and even then a certain degree of ethics need to be upheld.
So I am a little bit bothered by all the attention on Kate Middleton. I mean is it really necessary! If she and Prince William decided to get engaged they will let us know, otherwise it's none of our business. If we take an interest in the love life of anyone we know, do we resort to such tactics as stalking or phone tapping etc... In a great many cases we don't, we don't know this couple at the end of the day and we should leave them alone.
Oh and BTW Have the media learnt nothing since the death of Princess Diana?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi there, I'm sorry if this seems like comment spamming, but I can't see a contact address on your site, so I thought it best to post on a current event...one that is reasonably neutral, unlike the sad news in the post above.

My name is Rebecca and would like to chat to you with regards to an upcoming political project I am undertaking.

My email is rebeccaj@togetheragency.co.uk and you can see my company's blog by clicking the link on my name (as I am sure you are aware!) Please drop me a line if you think you might be interested.