Thursday, April 12, 2007

Life On Mars Final Episode

(BBC)

What a shock! Was told to expect it, but even so! A definite ending tho.


WARNING. SPOILERS




What bugged me though was Tyler deciding to "go back to 1973" and taking such a drastic route to do so. What was also sad was the Test Card girl appearing at the very end, as if she was symbolising Sam's death. I'm inclined to believe that although apparently the makers of the programme don't. As for feeling alive, as much as any decent person would adore DC Cartwright platonically or romantically, doesn't feeling alive come through struggle to come to grips with the situation you are in, not simply down to positive feelings?

Ah well. Cracking series though, miss it already.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is presuming you think the bits in the present weren't also part of the coma.

Paul Burgin said...

Well there are a no of theories. Another is that what Morgan in 1973 told him was true, but given his errie foreknowledge of events to come I doubt that. For me personally I am happy to take events on face value

Paul Linford said...

Is there any doubt that he is dead? Did the programme makers really intend to leave this question open?

Paul Burgin said...

Well I read today that the Producer took it that he is dead and there are no plans for a third series. But there is for a spin-off "Ashes to Ashes", where a female detective suffers injuries and falls into a coma, finding herself in 1981.

Anonymous said...

Just one small point. The final shoot-out. There were three armed robbers, but did i miss anything or ere only two shot by the police?

What a great series.

Bill Emmett

Serena said...

Hey this is the best episode of this show and all episodes are good and I got a site for this show and now I am going to download Life on Mars TV Show. This site offers best quality...

stephen said...

Life on Mars is an awesome show. I have seen this episode and I love to watch this show online.