Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Face - Is It Bovvered!


Recently I find I have been getting a lot of hits from the Facebook website, enough to wonder what is going on and if someone was using my identity.
So I joined in this morning and found that there is a "Paul Burgin Appreciation Society". It mentions me as a thoughtful future Labour MP. It's very flattering and rather kind of them, but, like 99.9% of everyone else on the Planet I am sometimes anything but thoughtful and people being predicted for high things in politics find that it is the kiss of political death.
Talking of which I can now mention that I am not standing for District Council this year (for the first time since 2002). This is for a no of good reasons, but the main ones being that I am quite busy at the moment, I have other more personal considerations, and consequently feel the need to take a back seat.
I do wonder if this is a good thing, but the alternative is being in a stressful frame of mind for the next month and it is nice to be on the sidelines just this once!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Paul

I am a member of the society on facebook and I think most people have joined because they really enjoy reading your blog.

Keep up the good work!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

if you can do it, i'd concentrate on getting rid of Mugabe. Next up that chap in Iran? And then Qaddafi. I know he's our ally but personally I wouldn't trust him as far as I can chuck him. What you reckon?

Paul Burgin said...

Is that Michelle as in Michelle Kane, formerly fellow staffer for Geraint Davies?
In which case, it's good to see you around here, how are you these days! :)

David said...

I love your blog paul, it's fantastic and so inciteful.

Anonymous said...

I fully agree with Michelle. It really is one of the best blogs I have ever read. Every single day I find myself lurching towards this site, rather than actually doing what I'm meant to be doing! I'm such an addict it's driving me crazy!

Tim Roll-Pickering said...

When will you put *that* photo up here?

Paul Burgin said...

What photo?!?

Paul Burgin said...

Oh that photo.
It's been on my blog before

http://paulburgin.blogspot.com/2006/01/beards.html