Friday, June 08, 2007

Big Brother and Bloggers Social

I know it's the trendy thing to say but it's true. I have not watched this year's Big Brother at all, as my sister says, once you start you get sucked in. So I have to say that Emily Parr's mere existence is news to me, but why am I not surprised! I think BB did the right thing though, Emily may have intended it as a joke but it wasn't funny and was highly offensive.
Onto another piece of news which leaves less of a bad taste in the mouth, those who are on Facebook will know I am organising the bi annual Bloggers Social this year. It will be at The Coal Hole, which is in The Strand in London on Saturday 7th July at 5PM. Those bloggers, blogger groupies, and former bloggers invited who are coming, might be coming, or who have yet to reply are AnniePorthouse.com , James Cleverly, Cally's Kitchen, Kris Brown, Adele Reynolds, Tygerland.net, The Wonderful World of Lola, Union Futures, Bloggers4Labour , Furberworld, Radioleaflet , Someday I Will Treat You Good , My Rambling Thoughts , rose's random ramblings , Tim Roll-Pickering , Antonia's blog , Kerron Cross-The Voice of the Delectable Left , Sarah Jocelyn Weston, PooterGeek , Living Ghosts Endurance Challenege , Labourhome , all the lads at Fisking Central , Jonathan Chilvers , Conservative Mind, philsheldrake.com , Jonathan Shipley, One Small Voice , Peculiar Times , Tonguefire , BrightonRegencyLabourSupporter, NormBlog , Don Paskini , Rullsenberg Rules , Skuds' Sister's Brother , Three Score Years and Ten , Lizzie Fision , Prague Tory , Ellee Seymour , BaldockBaldrick , Paul Linford , Normal Mouth , and The Done Thing

16 comments:

Louise said...

I may come along - I'm in Birmingham from Monday to Wed/Thursday exhibiting at the LGA conference so will be knackered.

Thanks for invite

Andrew Philip said...

'Fraid I won't be at the social, what with my daughter being only about 16 weeks old at that point and London being more than a few miles away from here.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Shucks Paul, you'll have to be without me this time around - it's my annual weekend of DVDs and debauched conversations with my friend HLW.

To put things in perspective, this event is so sacred to our calendar now that even the appearance of Regina Specktor in Nottingham couldn't get me to pull out of it (it was also part one of the two part denouement of New Who season two which we definitely made time to watch!)

Soz and all that - I'll try and make the winter event!

Paul Burgin said...

Thanks for letting me know guys

dizzy said...

Fine! I didn't want to come anyway! It's my wedding anniversary.

dizzy said...

that will teach for not reading properly. It's two days AFTER my wedding anniversary. I blame Carlsberg.

Paul Burgin said...

Oh heck! I meant to put you down on the invite. My sincere apologies!

james higham said...

...I have not watched this year's Big Brother at all...

You are to be commended on this, Paul. Above and beyond the call of duty.

Praguetory said...

Hi Paul - Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I won't be in town, but I will be in Brum two weeks later if that's any good for you?

Anonymous said...

have only just read this today paul... as before, sorry... london is waaaaaaaaaaaay to far away for me!

have fun without me tho!

annie
www.annieporthouse.com

BaldockBaldrick said...

I wish I could but that's the day I set off on my much needed holiday to, urm, Blackpool.
I say holiday, I'll be staying family so queue lots of babysitting and putting up with terrible jokes. I cannot wait.
I appreciate the invite and will try to make any future invites you sent out to me.
Fancy a pint in Baldock sometime?

Paul Linford said...

Thanks for the invite but I'll be at Old Trafford, watching Genesis!

Paul Burgin said...

Baldock, would love to meet up for a pint in Baldock sometime. The Whitehorse is my local of choice

Paul Burgin said...

Oh, and you should have introduced yourself to me at the Quiz

BaldockBaldrick said...

I was too tipsy at the quiz to focus. Still, I managed to get a couple of questions correct.
I was very happy to answer correctly the question about which British site had applied for World Heritage status, especially as I had blogged about it a couple of days previous!

Praguetory said...

Paul - I've tageed you to get a Labour man's view on what you'd like from a Brown premiership.