Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Last Day helping Team Benn

Well last day actively helping. I will encourage anyone in the Labour Party who hasn't voted to do so through to tomorrow.
It was a bit quiet at the HQ today, but I helped with phoning Party members, and like my comrade and rival, Miranda Grell, it's a shock to find that a no of people have yet to vote. Please do so a.s.a.p if you haven't and are involved with the Labour Party, because this is one of the best chances to get your voice heard and if you are unsure, may I recommend that you vote for Hilary Benn as someone who has many years experience in the Party grassroots, who has had a good record as a government minister and who has a reputation for broadmindedness and decency that is needed in this day and age.
And whether Hilary wins or loses I have to say I am proud to have been involved in his campaign. He also has had a good team with him. The two Alex's (Hilton and Baker) have worked unstintingly hard on his behalf, giving time and effort beyond the call of duty and that deserves special mention!
So here's to this coming Sunday

5 comments:

Paul Linford said...

Still confident? Guido is calling it for Johnson, along with most of the regulars on PB.com.

Paul Burgin said...

The figures I have seen are suggesting Benn, providing our lot don't relax in the little time left.
It also depends who one or two other certain candidates pick as their second preference

Paul Linford said...

Well, for what it's worth, I am sticking with my earlier prediction of Benn to win. But Guido doesn't normally get these things wrong.....

Miranda said...

Cruddas all the way!

Paul Burgin said...

You know Miranda, I was going to leave a really nice message on your post about campaigning for Cruddas. Not sure if I will bother now :/