Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Goosing

A lot has been made in the media about this incident. Some saying that there was an overreaction towards the man concerned, some people saying that such behaviour is unacceptable.
So is goosing ever acceptable and what is the best way to react? Personally I think that goosing isn't really appropriate unless it is between partners. An overreaction? Possibly, but better safe than sorry. At the very least, if meant as a bit of a laugh (which is the usual reason behind it) it should be like other practical jokes. Meant for people you know well who can take it.

2 comments:

Damion Roberts said...

I dislike the term goosing. Where did that originate from? I must Wikipedia it someday (though probably not while I'm at work). I think there was an overreaction, but for the recipient it was very embarassing to have it done to her on live TV.

Paul Burgin said...

I don't know where the term came from, although I think it was a bit insensitive of the guy to have goosed Sue Turton