Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Review

Warning. Spoilers!

So it was on Sunday that I finished the last of the seven Harry Potter books. I suppose like all fans I felt a bit disapointed it was all over, but then all good things come to an end and Harry's battle with Tom Riddle couldn't exactly be ongoing.
So what did I think of it? Well I think it's one of the best, very fast paced and no getting bored about nothing exciting happening at Hogwarts at page 200 and something and a bit of a way to go! Some of it was open-ended, for example I had to look on Wikipedia to find out what happened to the loathsome Umbridge, but overall it was very, very good. I liked the way Harry's friends stood by him, even when all seemed lost, that I hadn't got it wrong about Snape (because I was convinced I did at the end of the last book), and that my theory about Draco Malfoy somehow ending up towards redemption and Voldemort's arrogance being his downfall was correct. Was rather saddened by the Death count (a no of decent long-standing characters do not make it to the end), but we were warned that could happen and in any case I think Dumbledore's death was the worst and that was in the previous book!
Now it's just the two films to look forward to (sigh!)

2 comments:

Louise said...

I must admit there was nearly a tear at the burial scene...

Paul Burgin said...

Well I was saddened by Dobby's demise. I did feel he could have been spared but he died saving Harry and that is what he would have wanted