Thursday, August 23, 2007

Today's Shooting

Thanks to those who expressed concern for my welfare following today's shooting. Was rather touched, although I work some distance away from the street where it happened. All I knew at the time was seeing some police activity and then having people ask me about the shooting some two-and-a-half hours later!
Then of course there is the fact I had no credit on my mobile, so I couldn't let people know I was safe. A rather harsh lesson in making sure your mobile is topped up!

2 comments:

Damion Roberts said...

Surely Paul, if people wanted to know if you were safe they would have called you?
Over here at The Comet things have been pretty hectic since yesterday's shooting. One of our reporters even appeared on Virgin Radio to give an update, although they did pronounse her name incorrectly.

Paul Burgin said...

Well I got a lot of texts instead. Am still a bit shocked that such a thing could happen in Letchworth!