Sunday, September 23, 2007

Blog Quotes of the Week

There were so many one liners from other blogs this past week that I liked, I thought I would post them:


Cameron’s only memorable soundbite was “you were the future once”, to Blair. It oddly seems to now refer only to himself… Rupa Huq's home on the web

"Steele, Ashdown and Charles Kennedy were all right" said Ming, seemingly oblivious to the fact that acronym fans would now pick up that he had just spelt out the word "SACK" in his keynote speech. Ming can't get away from the fact dismissal is around the corner - even his subconscious betrays him in his hour of need. Kerron Cross-The Voice of the Delectable Left

I think the secret, for me, is not to take it seriously. The grandeur of the descriptions would have you think they were era-defining, world-shattering, life-and-death towers of artistic brilliance. Crap. Cubism might have been revolutionary, but it’s still just a method of expression in a world full of them. WongaBlog (On visiting the Tate Modern)

I can't think women's football will ever attract a mass audience, whether live or on TV, on this showing.
[Cue allegations of sexism, misogny, chauvenism etc. Whatever.]
Iain Dale's Diary

As I’ve said already, I have yet to make up my mind about Cameron (which after two years in the job is incredible) Shane Greer writing on Iain Dale's blog (I don't think Iain would make such a Faux Pas ;) )

By the blood and nayles and bones of Our Lord, how swyving dare any man to make japeryes of Britney de Speres? Considereth, ye churles, how many sorwes hath y-flocked Britney-ward. Geoffrey Chaucer Hath a Blog

2 comments:

Letters From A Tory said...

Why wouldn't Iain Dale make such a 'faux pas'? Iain has admitted on many occasions that he disagrees with David Cameron on a range of policy and strategic ideas.

Paul Burgin said...

But after two years, still being unsure about him!
Obviously I have no desire to defend Iain's political drive, if he wants a breach with David Cameron, I am not fussed and would actually be pleased about it, albeit from a different perspective, I just thought that it seemed a bit of a public sharp dig, as opposed to criticism in one or two areas thats all.