Friday, November 30, 2007

Before I Head Off to Bed

Just to let you know I will be busy this weekend, but will let you know about the Bloggers Social (which is tomorrow) and how it went a.s.a.p.

On other matters, in brief

This is disturbing when you consider how Hillary Clinton polarises opinion.

This is hopeful, although I am increasingly convinced by the hour that Harriet Harman will have to go

Clearly we need to get Gillian Gibbons out of the Sudan and fast. But what a silly thing to have a theological barny about!

This is, for me and others, a sad end to an awful week. You know, many years ago I used to sneer at Conservatives who stood by their disgraced colleagues who fought back, I suppose I have learnt the hard way that I was perhaps wrong to do so. But its the way this case, and the wider events this week can hurt and destroy people that depresses me. If I ever gloat again over Tory or Lib Dem misfortunes, please gently remind me of this period of time in my life! I think its the self righteous gloating that we all love to partake in that is the vile icing on the cake, as well as the way some people set out to destroy the political careers of others. Then we wonder why people are put off politics!

2 comments:

Letters From A Tory said...

The Conservatives have been dogged for years by past scandals, and I suspect that when the Conservatives win the next election they will use all these Labour scandals against them for years and years and years.

Political swings and roundabouts.

Praguetory said...

Sorry for not sending my apologies. I normally find events in London difficult to attend for obvious reasons. Head up, by the way. Best PT.