Sunday, December 09, 2007

Led Zepellin Reunion

Whilst I am sure itwill be interesting enough I have never been enamoured with them beyond mild fascination (and yes, Jimmy Page's fascination with the Occult has something to do with it). That said I do like the intro to Immigrant Song.
No, the big excitement for me is the forthcoming album by these guys. For Queen this will be their first album in over a decade and, whilst the lack of presence from Freddie Mercury and John Deacon will be felt, it will also be good to see Queen return, albeit in another direction.

5 comments:

Bretwalda Edwin-Higham said...

"Lack of presence", Paul? Like Jesus being absent from the nativity, I should have thought.

Paul Burgin said...

Well likewise Freddie needed the other three as they needed him. Obviously I would prefer it if Freddie was still alive and active and John hadn't retired, but C'est la vie!

rupahuq said...

I think they are overrated and should get off the stage. Can most of the general public name anything much they've done apart from the song later pilloried as "Hairway to Steven" anyway?

Paul Burgin said...

Well thats partly their fault with their "no singles" policy

Red and White said...

Any group that changes its frontman risks self humiliation. I hope Queen won't do that.