Sunday, June 29, 2008

Driving Lessons Part IX

Well the second batch of double lessons are underway. Put basically I feel I need to get a fair few under my belt before I start taking tests.
So on Wednesday I did 60 mph roads, which went better than I thought and what did surprise me was that I wasn't scared, which I thought might be the case. However it meant having to quickly learn to adapt going back to 30 mph again, plus my instructor has pointed out that whenever I am nervous in places like, say a roundabout, I am anxious to get out of there a.s.a.p. so I need to watch my speed a little more.
But other things are improving. Gear changes are becoming natural and I am developing a sense of knowing what speed I am going at without any prompting or a quick split second glance at the speedometer. All part of the learning curve

5 comments:

M said...

Well done!

Miller 2.0 said...

I'm at a similar stage. Have to wait to do the 60mph roads though!

Emergency stops in the rain today...

Paul Burgin said...

Oh I haven't done those yet, the ones in the rain. For some reason I am not looking forward to them :/

Andrew said...

Don't worry about taking your time - I had 32 hour-long lessons before taking my practical test, and in hindsight this was A Good Idea. Glad to hear you're doing well.

crash courses said...

Sounds like you're driving is progressing perfectly... when's the driving test? Remember that in some places there can be quite a waiting list...