Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Bail Out

At last! This is exactly why I think the Markets should have a certain, and I mean certain or else they could not operate, degree of regulation. Perhaps in the past Labour was too nervous about Middle England to do anything, whereas now we can do, and are doing, something positive to get us out. Of course it would help if we had support, not sniping from the Tories' but then the only way they can win power is if the economy is in dire straits so a rescue package under a Labour government isn't in their interests.
Of course, I hope I am wrong and I doubt for a moment that they all think like that, but being involved in politics means that you get cynical like that sometimes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps someone would like to tell us just how much of taxpayers money is finding its way into the pockets of the fat cats under whose control these institutions have failed.