Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Twenty Questions to a Fellow Blogger Part XXXIX: Kiff

(Kiff)
Kiff is a professional Engineer who lives in Bristol UK with his wife and they are expecting their first child in 2009.

Kiff is heavily involved with scouting, filling the roles of Assistant County Commissioner for the Scout section in Avon and Scout Leader with a local scout group. On top of that he plays cricket and badminton when he can and he support Scotland in the Rugby(it is a birth right thing).

Kiff has in one form or another been trying to write a successful blog for a number of years and so far this is the longest running project :). His blog is Jabbering All Day Long


How did you get involved in blogging?

I have always liked the idea of keeping a journal, something that someday someone will find and read over, in the way major figures do like HRH the Prince of Wales. However I have tried to start a journal on a number of occasions and failed. The option of writing an online journal came about in the form a blog so I decided to try that.

What is your best blogging experience?

I don’t believe I have had my best blogging experience yet.


And your worst?

The worst blogging experience is an odd one, if it's more of a fear than an experience. The fear that there is no one reading my blog and therefore what is the point! I would like to have readers and followers.

What do you regard as your best blog entry?

I am not sure I have made it! I am sure that after baby meadows is born I will make my best blog entry.


Favourite blogs?

It has got to be Stephen Fry’s blog, the man is a true legend

You mention your love of Twitter on your blog. What would you say to encourage Mars Hill's readers to join?

I am not sure what you are trying to get people to Join! My blog or Twitter? I will base my answer on the fact that you are looking for people to Join Twitter.
Twitter is a micro blogging function it allows , in a kind of stalker way, to follow the every move of a person. It could be your best friend your mum or it could be someone famous. Posts can be made by text as well as from a number of mobile applications that can be downloaded to smartphones or Iphones etc. It is also posible to obtain a number of web apps that can be used. When you start out you will feel more like an observer than a contributor because you will read what others are doing but will not have people reading what you are doing.
Some famous twitters include
Stephen Fry – last message at time of writing (lmatow) – One scene down. Five to go. Morale high. Too many cakes available. Mustn't weaken. Mustn't weaken. Mustn't weaken. Mustn't wea....gaaaaargh)
Robert Llewleyn – lmatow - Having been tweeting since June last year, I can really say it's catching on. I'm such an early adopter saddo, so it's nice when it grows
Abby Lee (blog girl with a one track mind) – lmatow - Barclays Bank just hung up on me, after promising to connect me to Customer Complaints. I'm on the verge of tears and am going into hiding.
Also known to be on twitter are John Cleese, Jonathan Ross, Barack Obama (in the form of White House press office) etc.
If you have a little bit of Fame, stalkering in you this can be very interesting seeing what people are up to.


Do we know if Baby Meadows will be a boy or a girl?

We don't

Your job seems to involve a lot of stays in hotels. Is there anyone you particually recommend?

Hotels are difficult items, peoples interpretations of what makes a good hotel change, I am also bound by company policy to stay in hotels which fall within the Project budget and agreed rates with clients. I tend to use Premier inn because they fall within budget measures and you know what you are getting. I have been to a very nice hotel called the March Bank at Scotch Dyke in Cumbria and it is a wonderful family run restaurant (http://www.marchbankhotel.co.uk/)

Is there anywhere abroad which you haven't been to, that you would like to visit?

The list is long and varied but I think number 1 on the list would have to be New Zealand.


Is there anywhere abroad you have visited, that you would love to revisit?

When I was young we lived in the far east so we visited, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, Brunei. This is a whole area which I would like to revisit so I can relive the memory from when I was young.

Do you have a favourite political figure in history?

I guess I would have to say Nelson Mandela – recently watched Goodbye Bafana it is a wonderful insight into Nelson Mandela's life in prison.


Which figure has been your greatest inspiration?

My Father


Favourite Bond movie?

I don’t have a favourite Bond movie, they are all my favourite you can pick between them they are just Bond movies. I have not seen the latest one which moves from the mould but we shall see.

Favorite Doctor Who?

I enjoy Dr Who, but I never really had a favourite but if I had to chose one it would be Sylvester McCoy, as he was Dr Who when I watched it.


Chocolate, vanilla, or mint?

Mint Choc Chip

Which Band, past or present, would you most like to see in concert?

Barenaked Ladies


In terms of visiting for the weekend, Oxford, Cambridge, or Barsby, Leics..?

Not really sure what you are asking! If I was having a weekend away I would go to the South West somewhere like Woolacomb or Bude, or I would go to the Lake District.

Favourite national newspaper?

Depends on my mood, I get the Times because I like the puzzles and on Sundays I like the supplements, other times I get the Independent or the Guardian.


What would you say your hobbies were?

Hobbies – well Scouts, but there is also badminton, cricket and the outdoors, I used to play Rugby.

And what would you say were your favourite song and favourite book (Bar the Bible and The Complete Works of Shakespeare)?

Favourite song at the moment is Barenaked Ladies – Take it Back, and book wise, well I am not really a proflic reader but I am really enjoying Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

No comments: