Friday, March 20, 2009

Twenty Questions to a Fellow Blogger Part LXXVIII: Darcey Jerrom

Darcey is a Canadian blogger at Dust My Broom


What made you decide to start blogging?


Dust my Broom was started initially to keep in touch with family while I was working in California. I’d write stupid things about my life in the United States and they would respond and then it caught on with people outside the fam. Eventually I got a bigger family.


What is your best blogging experience?

The days when words and ideas just flow out without any bottlenecks



And your worst?

Slow news days and/or too drunk blogging.



What do you regard as your best blog entry?

The post I wrote the day I took 20 grams of mushrooms and announced to the world that I was leaving everything behind to walk across Canada . Now that’s blogging.



Favourite blogs?

I don’t read very many unless they are on my ‘friends’ list as we have a personal connection. They are all my favourites because we are friends. The ones I do enjoy the most are the ones that can push out an idea in 30 seconds or less.



With Obama now in the White House, how would you say US/Canadian relations were right now?

Normal, business as usual. If you only listen to the media you might think different but down in the trenches things remain the same. You either hate America or you work with them.



How would you define the Canadian blogosphere?


Very partisan.



Okay, harsh choice I know! Blues or Beer?


The blues!



Is there anywhere abroad which you haven't been to, that you would like to visit?


I’d like to go to Russia as I have friends there and apparently you can do anything you want.



Is there anywhere abroad you have visited, that you would love to revisit?

California . It is my second home.



Do you have a favourite political figure in history?


Preston Manning. I was a lefty during the initial Reform Party populist movement and have been following him ever since.



Which figure has been your greatest inspiration?

Robert Bork



Favourite Bond movie?

Never watched one.



Favourite Doctor Who?

Doctor who?



Chocolate, vanilla, or mint?


Don’t touch sweets.



Which Band, past or present, would you most like to see in concert?


A Black Sabbath reunion.



In terms of visiting for the weekend, Vancouver, Ottowa, or Montreal?

heh heh – Calgary .



Favourite national newspaper?


The Watchtower as apparently you can never have too many.



What would you say your hobbies were?


Renovating my man-house.



And what would you say were your three favourite songs and three favourite books (Bar the Bible and The Complete Works of Shakespeare)?


The Rooster – Alice in Chains.

Pieces of you – Jewel

White Hot – Red Rider

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder – Michael savage

Gulag – Anne Applebaum

People of the Deer – Farley Mowat

No comments: