Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Margaret Beckett As Speaker!

Was rather taken aback to read this, and I ought to be decent and declare my interest in that I have never personally liked her, nor have I been impressed with her politically. A classic example as to why was her appearance on BBC Question Time when she not only misunderstood the public mood on MP's expenses (in which she was implicated), but was rather patronising towards the audience saying that she was sorry they did not understand!
So maybe someone could convince me I am wrong. Can anyone tell me why Margaret Beckett would make a good Speaker and help restore public trust?

4 comments:

Aye We Can ! said...

No

Not unles she's a blogger

Dave Cole said...

Tbh, I think three Labour speakers in a row wouldn't be good.

I'm inclined towards one of the current deputy speakers, Alan Haslehurst - I might expand on why over at my place.

Anonymous said...

Nobody who was implicated in the expenses scandal should be Speaker - that includes Beckett, Younger, Haselhurst and Bercow. I still think it should be Tony Wright, who has a proven record in rooting-out corruption.

Alice said...

No, she's VILE...

...but then so many of them are vile...