Monday, March 22, 2010

The End for Hoon, Byers, Hewitt, and Moran

Have not seen it, but from what I have heard am not surprised. All of them have very low stock within the Labour Party and Hoon and Moran have always struck me as pathetic and opportunistic.
In fact I first new of Margaret Moran when I was at University and it was the 1997 General Election. I was not a member of the Labour Party then and I turned up at one of the hustings and found her somewhat shabby in her performance. Not much interested in some of the questions given or in those asking the questions, and there was something about her that made me wary, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was!
As for Hoon, well anyone who performed at the MoD as he did during the Iraq War and allegedly had vainglorious visions of his role will end up in the shabby corner that he is in. His recent sins are one thing, this is just one of a no of reasons reasons why I feel he was ill-suited to front-line politics. In fact all of them were, and however critical some of us may feel about Gordon Brown, you stick by your leader in public when the Party is going through tough times in the run-up to a general election. This gang lacked that backbone.
I could go on, but it's all sad, shabby, and disgusting, and am hurt and angry that some of these people reached the political heights they did and shamed and embarrassed the rest of us. Not just those of us who are Loyal Labour Activists with hopefully a bit more backbone, but also those who love politics and love this country

1 comment:

Andrew Allison said...

I dislike all of them. One thing we can agree on. I know you are in politics for the right reasons. That's all that matters.