Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Services

This morning I took my first Palm Sunday service, but when it came to the readings I thought I blew it. It was longer than I originally thought and was glad I suspected it was long enough to have a slightly shorter sermon than usual. Put basically the second reading was most of Luke Ch 22 and the whole of Luke Ch 23.
That said, whilst I thought I blew it, a no of people came up to me afterwards and said how much they enjoyed the Service, it led me to realise that, apart from the odd exception, every time I think I mess up I seem to do well and on the odd occasion I think I have got away with it, I have found I have not been so clever after all. Something to do with Grace I think, but it's definetly one of those days where some events make you think

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes you realise that we don't do these things in our own strength, but in God's.