Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Dilemma of the Disaffected Liberal Democrats

According to some sources, it seems that a large no of Lib Dem activists tore up their cards yesterday and joined Labour. I am not sure of the exact figure but it does show how hurtful the latest situation has been, no matter how much it is in the National Interest.
As Julian Ware-Lane has stated, it looks like the end of the Lib-Social Democratic coalition, and so it is that it is worth stating that for those Lib Dems who have left as of yesterday, there is always a home with Labour. We have just come into opposition, we are open to ideas and criticism and we aim to work hard as a constructive opposition that aims to be in government should the Lib Dem/Con alliance fail.
Lets work together and help bring to the reality the Alliance that was dreamed of many years ago

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because your girlfriend said so doesn't mean it's true...

Perhaps it's time to let it go and see how things pan out, you're beginning to look like a sore loser

Paul Burgin said...

Erm, you don't know what my girlfriend and I have said regarding this and I certainly wouldn't readily broadcast such conversations to all and sundry. As it is you clearly don't know what we discussed :-)
I hope I am not a sore loser, the result has changed British politics and I like what some of those changes mean and all credit to both the Conservatives and Lib Dems for that, but equally I think that good government needs good opposition and I hope Labour can do that and my job as a Labour Party activist is to help that happen

rosegenie said...

I agree there should be good oppostion.. I guess the losers need to keep their chins up and keep up the good fight :)